Tuesday, December 02, 2003

*it's what we trust*
this whole "living by faith" thing has been lingering on my mind over the weekend. faith is a funny thing isn't it. it can't be anymore opposite to everything the world tells us. the shape of things we see, the voices in our heads, the stirrings in our hearts - these can all deceive us. but this verse brought to my attention by the unlikeliest of sources (He works in mysterious ways) reminded me of what i need to focus on.


It's what we trust in but don't yet see that keeps us going. (2 corinthians 5:7)


faith. yes, faith is all i have. faith in the vision God has given me for a 24/7 youth center, faith in my church leadership, faith in sna, faith in derek and i... these are what keeps me going. keep swimming. just keep swimming...


* i'm sorry i'm unable to elaborate right now. it's late and my eyes are heavy...