Saturday, August 05, 2006

*my 200th*
apparently, this is my 200th post ever.

to commemorate, i will tell you about our first day vancouver :)

we got through customs and got out of the airport just about 11:30am on thursday, and my parents picked us up and we went straight for dimsum.

my brother and sister met us at the restaurant. my sister took a "sick" day from work just to see us :) afterwards we went home and got settled in a bit. it's wierd having to stay in the guest room at my own house. my mom started her own jewelry business last year, and she's turned my old living room into her own showroom. our helper moved into my room.

the weather is perfect, the air is clean, and i'm really excited because there's tons going on around the city. we're going to have a lot of fun!



after we settled, derek and i drove down to the beach near my house, and just chilled out, took some pictures, walked around the seaside, and derek finally starting to commune with nature....




went to one of my old favourite cafes called 'bean around the world' and sat on their wooden patio with THE BEST carrot cake we had in a looooong time. derek likes it because there's no raisins in it, but for me it's the creamcheese icing that makes it. can't beat the creamcheese icing.