Wednesday, October 22, 2003

*sick me*
i'm home today, being a sick girl. i was sick yesterday, but didn't have the sense to not go to work. derek gave me his yucky sore throat bug, but he refuses to admit it. anyway, he's all better now, and i'm still sick. my head feels 5 times as heavy as usual, and my nose won't stop running. it's just alternating between the two nostrils... lovely i know. i managed to gross out all my coworkers and plus group last night. so that was my hint to stay home... well this gives me a chance to go grocery shopping, maybe clean the flat, and do some reading and praying.... that's always good.


my parents are coming tomorrow!! YAY!! haven't seen them in... well awhile. now that my youngest sister has been shipped off to uni, my parents have all the time to do whatever they want. my mom wants to start making bead jewelry and selling them, and they're coming to stock up on beads. i might actually be able to see them this time, since as far as i'm aware there are no weddings, cruises, or business trips to be had. and i won't have a job soon.... although i'm sure my dad will be golfing as much as he can. anyway, they might actually be able to make it to church this time, and hopefully even 'passionate for our city'. ha i remember last time my mom came to the vine, some random guy stood up to speak during the ministry time, and afterwards she was like... "who was that guy??" she was so confused... i tried to explain to her that the vine is unpredictable like that, but she didn't quite get it... :) well that's the difference between the vine and other churches: there is freedom to move, to worship, to speak, prophesy, to repent and be humbled. i have rarely seen that in any other church, and i've been to a good many. how i pray and hope that one day someone will call and tell me things have changed in vancouver....


anyway, it's about time to get my day going... it's 1pm...