Monday, July 21, 2003

*midnight with pine sol*
neither of my roommates came home last night, so i had the house all to myself. in hong kong, this a rare and beautiful thing. i treasure the times i have to myself, to do the things i never get around to, to collect my heart and my head and feel 'at rest'. and once in a while i will go on a cleaning frenzy, like last night. after looking at the sinkful of dirty dishes that greeted me when i came back from australia for almost a week, i just had to wash them. then i realized the garbage was full, so i did that. but not before it leaked yucky garbage juice all over the kitchen floor, so i had to wipe that up. but a simple wipe didn't do the trick, because the entire floor was pretty filthy with past spills, so i finally drew up a bucket of hot pine sol dilution and mopped the kitchen AND the bathroom floors, because of course that was pretty filthy too.

what have i learned? that hot water definately cuts grease better than cold water.

*uncle joe*
for the benefit of all my non-hk friends, a bunch of my friends have a band called uncle joe and they're coming out with a new album soon. there's a pretty good interview with them in a local english magazine. if any of you want a cd, i can hook you up via the 'johann express delivery' next month.... if he ever makes it here.