Friday, July 18, 2003

*to the ends of the earth*
just thinking about where God might take me next... since i 'officially' announced yesterday that i will not be renewing my contracting with KELY come october. i know that i will at least be in hong kong for another year, to finish my committment with sna and whatever else God may have me for. but what then? one of the reasons i decided to quit the 9-5 life is because i felt God hint that it's time for the next step, to move on. hillsong certainly put things more into perspective for me.

i knew soon after graduating from university that a desk job is not for me. after a couple of years of work, i was confident that a 9-5 job is not for me, but it was not until i came to hong kong that i began to seriously consider that God may be calling me to missions (either short- or long-term). ywam helped clarify that, a lot. then it became simply a matter of when and where. i'm starting to get the when, and now i wait for the where. would it be a place i've already been? or will the Holy Spirit take me to a completely new place? kind of exciting to think about.... i resolved long ago that i would go to the ends of the earth for God. so here am i, take me Lord....

[a brief travelogue]
1974-1983
hong kong

1983-1993
vancouver, canada
(interspersed with short trips to seattle, bellingham, alaska, and california USA)

1993-1998
victoria, canada

1994
england
wales
ireland
scotland

1998-2000
vancouver, canada

2000-present
hong kong

2001
bacolod, philippines
bangkok, thailand
vancouver/victoria, canada
honolulu, hawaii
new zealand

2002
india
new zealand
shanghai, china

2003
cebu, philippines
melbourne/sydney/perth, australia
manila, philippines
sydney, australia

2004 ???