Thursday, August 19, 2004

*granny sweaters*
i don't know if i made a lot of fuss about my new living conditions... it's really not that bad. aside from yesterday, when i PK'd down the stairs while carrying my bucket of water from the dehumidifier. the real miracle: i didn't spill one drop from the bucket! i landed square on my ass with the bucket still intact... too bad i can't say as much for my sore butt.

anyway, my living arrangement may be a step down from the haven, but my work so far has been great. i have a chance to learn so much about the actual social welfare system of hong kong, and take on more relevant casework, and be in a much more professional environment than before. essentially speaking, volunteering at mother's choice has been such a huge step up for me professionally compared to when i was in a paid position at kely support group. and the best part of this job? being able to wear my ridiculously long sleeved granny cardigan everyday, because my colleagues seem to prefer a subzero working temperature. it's just a simple black cardigan with some grey embroidered flowers... but it's SOOO soft. and the sleeves are really really long.

i love my granny sweater.